Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thing 7: Part 2

*I wrote this entry, but then when it posted, it didn't show the words, just the AudioBoo. Weird. Don't know what that's about.


So, I just pasted the embed code for Audioboo above.  Interesting. Is it going to link to Audioboo? I thought it was going to display like a little box? Ah ha! It does - I just checked out "Preview." Well, that was simple and easy. I can definitely see uses for this with students. I wonder if the account can be logged in to more than once at a time, or if I'd have to create separate accounts for students. I am very interested in playing around some more.

I have used several screencasting tools with students, and believe it or not, one that I really liked is the screencasting feature of Quicktime. I divided my sixth grade students into groups, and they investigated a database. Then students created a video to share their database. Many chose to do screencasting, and were quite successful! I'm not going to post the link here, because it was one of their first projects, and it wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but I was happy with the result as a first time thing.

Also, as a sidenote, since the Java incident, Screencast-o-matic has changed. It's now a download, I believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment