Saturday, March 30, 2013

Thing 5: Digital Storytelling & Presenation Tools

Ok, for full disclosure, I got totally hung up on this "Thing" because there was just so much to explore. I spent quite a bit of time searching around for Google Search Stories, and was disappointed to see that they'd discontinued it.

I do think it's really important (and also overwhelming) to be aware of as many of these tools as possible. They each do different things well, and I think they all have different age-level appropriateness. To me, it's really important that the students be able to create, not just me. There's always the question of whether students need accounts and if they need to be associated with emails. Or, can they all log in under one account and use the tool at the same time? Also, I also feel that we have to make sure that if there are any ads or other work shared, that they are appropriate. For example, I love WordPress, but I don't always want my students seeing the things other bloggers are writing about. ;)

This past month, I've been working on a project with third graders. They read biographies and created oral presentations. I decided to just use iMovie to record their oral presentations over a picture of their famous person, followed by a picture of the student dressed up as their person. It was really easy to do, even though we did each one individually, but I think it came out really nice! Here's the link

No comments:

Post a Comment