Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A New Thing 1!

I am very excited to be starting a new "Things" program. As I was wrapping up my first experience, I knew I wanted to maintain this blog for personal professional development, but wasn't sure how to do it. Then I was directed toward CPD23... and the rest is history. I am taking part in this project because I want to continue learning! I enjoy learning in this kind of environment, and I think the timing is perfect.
So, a little about myself: I am a K-6 school librarian in a suburban district in upstate New York. This is the very end (tomorrow!) of my first year in this position, but my fifth year as a school librarian overall. It is very important to me to continue to grow as an educator and librarian. I want each year to be better than the year before - for my students, faculty, and myself.
This particular program is particularly attractive to me because the topics are a little different from the more traditional "Things" programs I've seen. I've done the basics of RSS an other Web 2.0 tools, and I'm excited to think about using them practically.
Now, I just hope I can stay on track during this busy summer! I have signed up for as many free workshops and webinars as possible. People have asked me if I'm working this summer - I sure am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment